Thursday, July 22, 2010

EDLD 5301 Research Week 2 Reflections

This week's assugnment gave me a deeper understanding of action research and the many areas in which it can be used. I appreciated the specific examples outlined in the Dana text. The chapter aided me in understanding how to categorize the many areas in which action research can be conducted and in which principals may encounter problems.

The video interviews were informative and gave insight into how different administrators view action research and how important they feel it is. I was especially interested in their views on using existing research and plying to to fit your purpose. Drs. Briseno and Lewis both suggested looking for current research before embarking on a huge project that may have already been conducted and published.

I hope to speak to my site mentor soon to consult with her concerning my research project. There should be plenty of data, not only on the CSCOPE curriculum, but also on our student test scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment