Monday, March 14, 2011

EDLD 5364 Teaching w/ Tech Week 4 Ramblings...

Week 4 began today... the first day of spring break. I've been so ready for school to be out for a while.

Week 1 occurred while my son was out of school for a week after breaking his back in a motocross accident while competing in Portales, NM. Thankfully the week that he was in the hospital after surgery was an off week for this program. Week 2 of this course was smack in the middle of TAKS testing for 4, 7, 9, 10, 11 and exit retests. Week 3 happened during the pack and ship portion of my TAKS duties and, now, Week 4 is during spring break. I know I’ve let my team down a bit during this course being spread so thin with Cade’s injury and being the District TAKS Coordinator in my district and the only one who handles any part of the TAKS tests.

My group partner, Sharron, and I have been in contact using Skype along with members, and friends, who are also in our cohort. The collaboration that occurs among of group of this type is invaluable. We alert the Skype group to any new emails and are in contact virtually nightly hashing out questions and problems we may be having with our own work. I continue to marvel at the Web 2.0 tools available for use in the kind of work we’re doing. I hesitate to say that these tools have become a comfort to me knowing that I’m only a text away from an answer to any question I have. We’ve also become friends, discussing our children, jobs, husbands, and future plans.
I’m currently negotiating a plan with my husband to take me to the lake where Sharron has a house to “work” on completing our group project. I’ll bring the wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment