Sunday, April 17, 2011

EDLD 5362 Informational Systems Management Week 4 Classroom of the Future brainstorming

http://classroom2008.blogspot.com/2008/01/classroom-of-future.html

http://www.ncef.org/rl/classroom_design.cfm

I will begin by reviewing trends from the Horizons resource.. then picture my dream classroom from barebones to fully functional.

I'll begin by thinking about power and dampening.

The current classes in my building were built in 1979 and have one outlet on each of the 4 walls. I'll want power in the floor and multiple power strips installed on all 4 walls.

There will be wireless access points utilizing (new high powered wireless... call Andy)


There will be two Promethean smart boards (one for my instruction and one for student presentations) and a document camera for presenting both student work and teacher instruction

1 to 1 computing with all computers mapped to a shared server and students with their own logins

computer table pods with scanner, and printers on each pod with computers networked to them

The classroom desks will be modular as to accommodate several students into cooperative learning groups

The walls will be covered with whiteboards that can be used as either writing surfaces or projection displays

More as I think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment