Saturday, November 13, 2010

EDLD 5366 Dig.Graphics/DTP Week 1 Assignment 1.3












I began work on my Week 1 "Teaching Tool" today. I chose a MS Publisher business card template and combined that with logos I created using the same color scheme. I see all 4 required elements in this project.

Contrast is seen in the contrasting colors used in the color scheme and in both serif and sanserif fonts. I used a color scheme provided by MS Publisher and after choosing the desired color scheme, I went to http://www.logosnap.com/ and created my business card logo with the same colors. I imported my logosnap logo into PhotoShop and added drop shadow, stroke and inner shadow, all using colors from the original color scheme. However, I showed contrast in the logos by using the same colors but in opposite sites on the logo (Gold "A" and blue "nton ISD" in one logo and blue "B" and gold "ulldogs" in the other logo) Also, one logo has a blue inner shadow while the other has a gold inner shadow.
Repetition is displayed by using the same style of logos and by using sanserif fonts on all information except my name. The address and phone numbers use the same font and font size. There is also repetition in using the same contrasting colors throughout the business card.
Alignment is achieved by aligning all the address and phone numbers and by aligning all the personal information. Also, the two school logos are aligned in the middle third of the card with the personal information. The right margin of the Anton ISD logo is aligned with the left margin of the personal information and with the address and phone numbers.

Proximity is shown by ensuring the logos are in the same third of the card while the important information that a client would need is very clear and close on the card. The eye is drawn to the company, name and title in the center of the card between the two logos and them the viewer simple has to look up for address and down for email and phone numbers. There is no "searching around" the card for needed information.These are the logos I created and the business card showing the four design elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment