Sunday, September 19, 2010

5363 Week 5 blog w/ PSA&CompletedProposal

Our team met on Skype to informally debrief about our project. We all concurred that we enjoyed getting to know each other. I told everyone that "I'm still a bit awe-struck at the relative ease of doing this project with wikis, skype and you tube!!" LOL if only all of this had been around when I was in college the first time! Julia let us know that she's SO happy to be in a group with us that she was doing the happy dance right now! "I can't imagine trying to do what we've done using email...the wiki was a great way to go, " said Russell. "I think our setup was perfect! Thanks Shannon for getting it started!"exclaimed Lynne. We all agreed that communication was not a problem for us at all." We had many positive comments and lots of praise for each other.

In the pre-production phase, I began formulating the idea to use a wiki because I had seen the project template while helping a science teacher at my school create one for her class. I believe Lynne contacted everyone to be in our group. Boy, am I glad she invited me. The group was a creative bunch. Russell volunteered to video, Janet, Lynne and Julia did the research and wrote the script. I volunteered to edit the video and audio and to create the movie in Adobe Premiere and to be responsible for the shot list which Julia promptly helped me with since I wasn't shooting any of the video. Everyone was professional and delivered their assignments in timely manner. We began uploading research documents, still photos, and video clips to our wiki immediately. I was able to begin work on the audio right away. I asked that the video be in the .wmv format and everyone converted their video before uploading it the wiki.

I believe our PSA could be improved by using additional video in place of the 'TAX RATES" still. I feel like it drug on too long, but there isn't really anything I could think of when picturing tax rates and debt so I used the stills.

Julia obtained the copyright for our PSA and I placed it in the last frames of our video.
School Bonds Q & A is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

As far as collaboration and interactions go, our team did great. Everyone was gracious and helpful and offered to do someone else's job if they couldn't do it for some reason. Everytime I needed help finding the web conference recordings or the updated syllabus or anything, someone offered immediately to email it to me. We worked as a team and I would and hope to work with this team again.




Julia Wilson, Shannon Copeland, Russell Dixon, Janet Kelly and Lynne Bullock

**All collaborative Skype meetings are saved here: https://sites.google.com/site/edld5363psavideoproject/file-cabinet
**Each members' project assignments: https://sites.google.com/site/edld5363psavideoproject/home/to-dos
**Completions for the week: PSA Final video and Premiere screenshots are here:
https://sites.google.com/site/edld5363psavideoproject/home/video-files

**Link to our wiki where the proposal resides. https://sites.google.com/site/edld5363psavideoproject/project-definition

Week 5
PSA Video

No comments:

Post a Comment