Friday, September 3, 2010

EDLD 5363 Week 2 Video Editing software blog

I wish I hadn't started Week 2 early due to the change in assignments, but at least I had the background to import a video clip and do some editing on it in a couple of programs for the tutorial podcast.

The three video editing software packages that I evaluated are MPEG Streamclip, Cinefx, and Windows Movie Maker. My evaluation of Streamclip won't be long. After downloading it for free, it left a .zip file on my desktop with a "Read Me First" file in it. This file promptly explained that there was small piece of software that needed to be purchased to make this "free" software work. I drug it all to the trash.
Second, I evaluated Cinefx. It loaded quickly and easily, but after loading video clips into it, I couldn't do anything with it. The tools were not intuitive at all. I've been teaching video editing for 5 years using Adobe Premiere and have a pretty good "feel" for how video editing tools work. In addition to not being easy to figure out, Cinefx had a black screen which was hard to focus on and annoying to try to read. I won't be using this editing software either.
The third program I looked at was Windows Movie Maker. Movie Maker led me through importing video, image and audio clips easily. I imported a video clip of my daugher riding her bike, a photo of my son and an audio clip of a song. I was then able to quickly place special effects and transitions with the video clip and photo and crop the song down to the needed length.

Although, I still prefer Premiere, I will use Movie Maker at home and school.

Here is the embed code for my audio. I will also include the link.
http://www.teachertube.com/music.php?music_id=3625&title=5363EDLDWEEK2PODCAST&ref=Sdcopeland



Here is the license I obtained for the work :
Creative Commons License
EDLD5363Week2Podcast by Shannon Copeland is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. CutStory is a video editing app for Instagram stories. It makes it easy to chop a longer video up into the required length for Instagram Stories (15 seconds maximum per clip). This way, you can repurpose longer videos—from your brand’s YouTube library, for example—and create more robust content without having to continually stop and start the camera.

    ReplyDelete